Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
Creating a Buffer on a Boundary
This document will walk through how to create an editable buffer on a boundary.
6. Under Select Types click Select Objects and under Action Tools have it on Select and Select Point
7. Highlight the buffer
8. Click Divide by Selection
9. Highlight the buffer again and click Delete Selection
10. Save the layer and close the editor
To use this layer in a Prescription, follow the steps below.
1. Create a New Map of the Generic layer just created
2. Change the Attribute displayed to Feature ID
3. Go to File -> New -> Prescription Layer
4. The Reference Layer should display your Field Boundary with the Buffer.
a. Click Next. Select your Operation, Rate Attribute Type and Units. Click Next.
b. Add the number of ranges you wish to have in your prescription, and click Next.
c. Assign the Rates to your polygons.
For more information on creating a prescription, refer to the following document:
Content last reviewed on: 2/6/2019
Reviewed by: KMN