This article will walk you through the process of editing an existing prescription. If you already have a prescription created and would like to edit or tweak some of the value there are just a few easy steps and you can further customize your prescription to your own desires.
(note: This process will ONLY work on basic prescription maps. This process will NOT work on prescriptions created with an equation.)
- Locate the prescription in your management tree.
- Create New Map of the prescription
- Click the Edit Layer button in the toolbar above the map. (If this button is grayed out you will need to double check that you are in a Base Map). This will take you to the prescription editor.
- One the left hand side of your screen under Action Tools you can select the method in which you would like to assign rates.
- Paint Rate – this will allow you to paint individual cells. (if your paint brush is grayed out you may need to convert prescription and enter grid sizes. See figure below)
- Erase – this will allow you to erase rates. (e.i. make areas a zero rate)
- Assign rate – this will allow you to assign a rate to an entire polygon.
- Once a method of assigning rates is chosen you will then select a rate that you want to apply from the Select Rate window.
- As a note all of the tools mentioned have a variable size to help you be as accurate as possible. The different sizes can be selected in the bottom left of your screen.
Content last reviewed on: 1/4/2019
Reviewed by: GJR