To transfer files from one SMS project to another, the files need to be exported as Shape Files.
- Right click on the Operation within the Management Tree you would like to export
- Select Export. Export to Generic File Format. Select Shape Files.
- Save Export to a folder that is easily accessible on your computer
- Open the project you wish to move data to
- Go to Read Files. Read Files from Generic Source. Select Shape Files
- Select the Shape file you wish to import and click OK
- A preview of the shape file will appear. Click Next.
- Change Import Data Type to the appropriate Operation. Click Next.
- Assign Columns to Import. For more information on how to assign columns for shape files, follow this link: https://support.agleader.com/kbp/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=2134
- Save Template if this is a new operation or Load Template if you are using an existing template for this operation. Note: If you are seeing columns not lining up correctly after using an older template, create a new template.
- Go to Batch Command
- Select Export. Click OK
- Select Data Filters for what you would like to export. Note: The Batch Export can only export one Operation type at a time.
- Click Next. Verify the correct information from the tree is selected to export. Click Finish.
- Export to Generic File Format
- Select Shape Files. Export. Save files to computer.
- Open the project you wish to move data to.
- Go to Batch Command. Import Files. Click OK.
- Set Import File Format to Shape Files
- Click Add to add the shape files
- Check box ‘Use Template’ if you have already created a template for this Operation. Click OK.
- If no template exists, follow steps 7-10 from the Basic Users instructions.
Content last reviewed on: 10/16/18
Reviewed by: KMN